Shore Caravan Site
We are based on the North West coast of the Highlands, with Achmelvich bay, with a clean beach award located right next to the Caravan Site itself. The beach is ideal for all water-sports and activities and there is plenty of hill walking, mountain-climbing and fishing to be done in the surrounding area.
We are family run caravan site suitable for everyone. We pride ourselves on offering a very friendly site ensuring that everyone has a great stay. We are quite informal, with no set pitches on the site.
Check in times -
9.30am to 7.30pm in low season (April, May, September and October)
8.30am - 8.00pm in high season (June, July and August)
We have 3 static caravans to rent, all with a beach view. They are fully equipped with water, electricity, gas, microwave, TV, cookers and bedding. Sleeping up to 6 people - there is a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and a pull-out double bed in the living room. WIFI is also included free of charge.
We rent Saturday to Saturday, and they can be rented from mid April to mid October. No pets allowed.
Onsite facilities include -
• The toilet block has hot showers, a disabled toilet, indoor and outdoor washing-up facilities.
• 20 electric hook up points, a hose for filling up your water and a chemical disposal point for toilets.
• In May 2018 we installed Satellite WIFI. The charge for use is £2 for 24 hours or £10 for 7 days.
• A laundrette with two washing machines and a tumble dryer
• An on-site shop/reception
• An on-site Chip Shop run by Bev Jamieson, open mid May and closing beginning/mid-September. Open Tuesdays - Sundays 5pm - 8pm
• We have facilities available to freeze ice blocks/packs. The freezer is located in the Laundrette (or in the house during quieter times). We do not have any facilities for you to keep food.
The local village of Lochinver, 4-miles from the caravan site, has a range of shops and restaurants – see below
• The Lochinver Larder (who have won awards for their pies)
• Rockpool - a shop with jewellery, gifts and candles with an outerwear department with things like waterproof jackets, flasks and wetsuits
• The Tourist Information Centre
• Highland Stoneware (for all your pottery needs)
• Inver Lodge Hotel - with a Chef Roux restaurant
• Peet's Restaurant
• The Caberfeildh bar and restaurant
• Post Office (now located in the Spar)
• Assynt Leisure Centre - there is a gym and sports hall as well as computers for internet use
• An Cala Cafe (formerly Lochinver Mission) - a cafe/restaurant open until 8pm, with a bunk house above
• The Culag Hotel and Wayfarers Pub
• Every second Friday there is a craft market in Lochinver Village Hall featuring some wonderful locally made products.
You can walk to the village on the road or over the hill in approx. 1 hour.
There are a number of mountains in the area - including Suilven, Canisp, Quinag and Ben Mor Assynt - which are a great attraction to hill walkers and hikers. Also, if you like fishing you can purchase a permit for the local lochs in a number of the local shops, or take your chances from the rocks.
Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us for further information on our facilities or availability would love to hear from you! Or you can visit our social media pages below
Call us today on: 01571 844 393
Email us on: mrmshorehotmail.co.uk
Visit our website: http://shorecaravansite.yolasite.com/
Facebook: @Shore Caravan Site